Monday, June 17, 2013

Truth Is...

I'm out. I'm not doing family functions anymore. In fact, if you aren't one degree of separation from me, or older than 75, I couldn't give a shit anymore. The level of family dysfunction that exists here is not what I came back to this state for, and I'm not going to sit here and waste my time playing happy family to people who will turn around and talk behind my back or associate with those who do. I'm not going to schmooze with an aunt who trashes my mother, no matter what the back story. I'm not going to take sides in a war I didn't sign up for, however, if requested to take sides, I will back out for my own sense of self preservation.

Frankly. I'm done. I have a six month old, two almost pre-teen daughters, two dogs, a cat and my own life to take care of. I can't care about this crap anymore. I can't keep having panic attacks every time I see the interactions of a bunch of people who refuse to say what they really mean.

So that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment